Monday, October 26, 2009

Reasons to smile!

Have you ever had a weekend where you looked back and just smiled? I am about this weekend. Nothing life changing happened, no family birthdays, no family or friends over but yet I still smile.




One of my reasons to smile! Last week Jordan was hit with what we believe to be the H1N1 virus. She finally broke her fever on Friday and had a great weekend! Her fever didn't get crazy high and other than the fact she didn't want to take her Motrin/Tylenol, she did well. A bit groggy at the beginning but once her meds kicked in, she told me several times "Mommy-I not sick anymore!" Since she didn't get bad, we didn't take her into the doc so not 100% sure she had H1N1 but her preschool teacher had it. Now I am hoping and praying that the rest of my family doesn't get it!


Reason 2 to smile! Saturday was a great day! The boys had a birthday party to go to but other than that we could just hang out at home. I was even on my way to take the boys, ran into a neighbor who was taking her son to the same place and offered to take my kiddos with her! THANKS AGAIN AMY!! It gave me a chance to take care of "stuff" at home but you know what? I didn't do a thing! It's been SO LONG where we have had a weekend to just hang!


Reason 3 to smile! Anyone watch the Hawkeye football game? Holy Cow what an ending!! I know a lot of people are still taking about it even today. Now those of you who know me know that I wasn't always into football-just wasn't big in my house growning up. In fact, we rarely had the Hawks on when they played. Now it could have been because my parents are divorced and my mom just didn't watch a lot of sports or it could have been because when we did watch the Hawks play, I would laugh and tease my mom for yelling at the TV. Now I am doing the same thing! I know-like they can hear me right??





Reason 4 to smile! Sunday was a full day of games. Jeremy and I had volleyball and Riley and Drew each had their football games. Even though we don't keep score for football, I was told by each of them whether they won or lost. Riley tied and Drew lost. Next weekend will be the end of football for this year but never fear, baseball is here! Yep-Riley will being baseball practice for the Trojan baseball team in November. Luckily it is just on Saturdays for now and only a couple a month. I know he is super pumped about it so again a reason to smile!


Wondering how we did at volleyball? We got beat. Now I could say we were missing a person and played with 5 or I could say that we weren't playing our best game. Truth is we played a great team :-D Not saying they would beat us next time though ...


Reason 5 to smile! At the football games, we had someone who came up to use asking if any of us used to work at Subway. In my high school and college days, I worked at Subway in Independence, Coralville and helped open the one in North Liberty where I ended up becoming assistant manager. The guy who came up to us was no other than Mark, the manager at the time. The memories of working until 3 AM (yep-even when I was 17!) and surviving lunch during football season or boating season came rushing back. We chatted for awhile while watching Drew and his niece play football. I love running into friends and reconnecting who I haven't seen in years. I think it's been at least 10 years since I have seen Mark! I have found him on Facebook so he better watch out!!


One of my biggest reasons to smile is my family in general. We are all healthy, happy and active. I have a wonderful and loving husband who keeps me grounded and is the love of my life. I have 2 boys who are into all sports and keep us busy. I have a daughter who is just one big smile and who has opened my eyes! She has made me stand up and make people aware of the world outside and around them. She has made me want people to become more aware of CHDs. She has made me step out of my comfort zone and do things I never thought I would ever do. I love them all with all my heart :-)

Now...what makes you smile??