Sunday, November 8, 2009

What a busy couple of weeks!

My goodness how time flies when you are having fun! October had been a pretty busy month for us! First with my sis's wedding, flying out to Vegas, and then adding the boys' football games, our volleyball games, and me working the Hawkeye football games...it definately has been a great month!!





My Halloween Characters-Riley a/k/a/"Albert Pujols" , Drew a/k/a "Ninja Warrior", and Jordan a/k/a "Princess Jordan"



Halloween was great! The Hawkeyes played at home so I had to work but I was able to get home in time to go trick or treating with the kiddos! We stayed in the neighborhood this year and let the boys go ahead of us. Jordan ended up having me go up to each door with her but had no fears taking candy! It was funny!





Trick or Treat, Troy!!


We can't take a pic without doing the "crazy faces"!!!





Princess Jordan



Some exciting news!! Jordan is now on the Johnson County Heart Walk page!! Go to http://www.johnsoncountyiaheartwalk.org/ to check it out. The pic is the one from the calendar shoot and I love it!! We are looking for team members to walk, raise awareness and raise money for AHA with us!! There will be more details about it soon. I have a Heart Friends meeting on Nov 19th where Angelica (Johnson County's AHA regional director) will be talking to us about it.








We are also still taking orders for the Creating Hope Calendar! This is a calendar full of kiddos who have CHDs. Jordan is September! For those who have placed orders already, I will need payment ASAP. Thanks for helping raise money for CHD research!! If you haven't made an order yet and would like to do so, please email me at tracey_snyder@southslope.net! We will be taking orders until November 18 so ORDER NOW!!! Think Christmas gifts :-) Yep-Christmas is coming up!!





We still need blankets for the Cuddles from the Heart project! This is a project started by Stefenie Jacks last year who wanted to bring a smile and a little bit of comfort to kids who are stuck in the NICU, PICU, 2JCP (step-down floor) and the Pediatric Cancer Unit. I have scheduled a blanket making "party" at my house on Tuesday, Nov 17th @ 7pm. Bring your fleece, sissors or rotary blade and make some blankets for some kiddos who are stuck in the hospital. Make a difference!







Johnson County has H1N1 shots. I was able to get mine on Friday. It was weird that I was able to get it before the rest of my family but because my OBGYN's office had them, I was able to get in. The rest of the family will be getting theirs from the Johnson County Department of Health. Jordan would have been able to get one because of her CHD, but I had to do some convincing that the rest of the family needed one too. The girl on the phone finally agreed once she heard that I have infants in my daycare and Jeremy, Riley, and Drew have contact with them. I would have thought that Jordan would have been reason enough for her. Guess not! Anyway, Johnson County Health will be having clinics on Wednesdays with hours in the morning, break for lunch, and then in the afternoon until 4:30. They got 900 shots the first time around and will be getting more when they become available.




Until next time, Stay Healthy!!
Tracey